• Sunday, February 16, 2014

    Adding Garden Color With A Spray Can

    Ten years ago I was looking on Ebay when I found a 4 foot fiberglass garden tortoise. It looked way to large and heavy to ship, but I inquired about him from the seller. Much to my surprise the seller was only twenty minutes from my home so off to his place I went.

      I fell in love with the tortoise as soon as I saw him and made him mine. At the time he had a natural color shell and looked like a real tortoise. This only lasted a few years out in the garden year round so I decided to give it a try and paint him with some outside spray paint.

      The paint only lasts for about 2 years in the desert sun so I give him a new look every once in a while. It's fast and fun.  This was my garden tortoise after his last paint job.

      This year he is more subdued. He is sporting a turquoise shell and black skin.

    Here he is hiding in the bushes when we first got him
    You too can own A Giant Garden Tortoise Read More...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment